Friday, May 28, 2004

Billy got me thinking today about things I have been lucky enough to do. Here are some of them.
Tandem freefall parachute jump
It was for charity many years ago, and I was so frightened. I think being so scared spoilt the experience for me. Before we went out my instructor asked me to watch some of the lads doing solo jumps. God I wish I hadn't. I don't know what I really expected but they very quickly disappeared head first. Am I glad I did it? Yes. Would I do it again? No.

Flown a light aircraft
This was very strange as I have never been in an airplane. There are so many different buttons. I really enjoyed this, I kept banking too much the controls are very sensitive. I would definitely do this again. If it was not so expensive I would possible consider taking more lessons.

Flown a helicopter
How hard ? This was really hard to get the hang of. I could turn around fine but going straight and hovering were very difficult. I would like to have another go.

Had a flight in a hot air balloon
So frustrating. I had to keep phoning in advance to check if it was going to happen or not as it is very weather dependent. On one occasion we actually drove all the way to the site waited around they done some wind tests then the ride got cancelled. When I actually got in the balloon I was surprised how big and noisy it was. We landed in some ladies garden, which was fun.

There are other more normal things I have done like getting married which was wonderful and I could not ask for a better hubby. Having my two children who I would not be without.
I have never learnt to swim, that is something to work on.
Is there something you have done that you will always remember?
Is there something you have always wanted to do? If so - do it. It's never to late.

No comments: