Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Well it's been a while since I was last here. I just couldn't be bothered so I didn't. Firstly as those of you who go to Ian's site will have seen, can we say a big hello to an old friend. And to think she very nearly gave up blogging.
On bonfire night Ian had bought fireworks - not big things, just small ones for the garden. Whilst we waited for him to come home from work I opened the garden door so that the kids could see the fireworks, get them in the mood. It didn't quite go to plan. Matthew hated them, I felt so sorry for him with every flash and bang he shook, and cried. He said he was sorry that Dad had wasted his money on the fireworks. When Ian got home and had a talk to him we managed to get him in the garden albeit very short lived. Matthew, Heather and myself watched our fireworks sitting on Matthews bed cuddled up to each other.

Later on Matthew and Ian did manage to do some sparklers and here are some special-effect photos of Matthew...


Work has been pretty quiet although we have got a lot of staff off. We're starting all the Christmas things at the moment. I love this time of year in school.
Tomorrow is Matthews first day in after-school club, and he is doing gardening and cookery - hopefully not at the same time !
It had to happen sooner or later and on Saturday Ian and myself are venturing out to get birthday presents for Matthew, and Christmas presents for both of them. Wish us luck !
I have had to give the gym a miss tonight as my back is soooooooooo sore. Hopfully it wont last too long.

No comments: