Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Well I have just come home after being the gym and I am so tired, but I enjoyed it. I think I like it so much because its my time. I'm not known as Matthew or Heather's mum or Ian's wife I'm just me and I like it. Don't get me wrong I love being all of them things more than anything in the world but it is nice to have 'me' time.
Halloween was great, the kids loved getting dressed up and going to see their grandparents. Matthew was particularly pleased with himself as he managed to trick my Mum. He knocked on her front door wearing a mask, whilst I waited at the end of the drive and when she opened it he gave his best trick or treat ever. Mum pleasantly asked 'How many of you are there' - I don't think Matthew knew what to do. He just answered 'One', and Mum trotted off and came back with a bag of sweets. Matthew could not contain himself much longer and took of his mask. It still took Mum a couple of seconds to realize it was him. That was the highlight of his night.
Matthews friend is coming for tea tomorrow - yipee. They're both as loud and hyper as each other, so we will have a fun night.
Most years since I have been with Ian he has bought fireworks but since we have had the kids he has a legitimate excuse. This year is no exception but to be fair there not as big as usual. Matthew likes the idea of fireworks but he's not too sure of them in practice.
Today in work we had a Gospel choir in. I was so looking forward to it. So after break we got all the children ready and went down to the hall, joined in the warm up session just about to get to the good stuff when one of the kids gets a nose bleed and I took her out to sort it. Eventually about to go back in when S (the child I work with) was coming out crying. It was too loud for her so I never got to see them :{

No comments: