Thursday, February 24, 2005

On Sunday my neighbour's sister goes back to Nigeria, so for the last couple of weeks I have been a little more tolerant. That was until yesterday.
I came home from school with Matthew and Heather, and we were talking to another neighbour when she told me that our friend opposite was on her way over to me. As I had my back to her I had not seen her myself, so I hoped she would take the hint. Oh no - instead she tells Matthew to open the door as it's cold outside. I carried on talking but felt so guilty that I had to go into the house. What made me laugh was as soon as I opened the door she just walked past me and went straight into the living room and sat down. Hmmmm at least I will get some peace and quiet from Sunday.

I have been to a meeting in Matthew's school today to be given details of his First Holy Communion. I have to say I am not a happy bunny. The children will be making their holy communions on a Friday morning in school in the hall, where only Mums and Dads can attend. If parents wish there will be three masses over the weekend where you can choose to attend with family and your child can receive communion in church for the first time. A big part of the day for most of the children is the anticipation of walking down the aisle in church with all their family there knowing this is the first time. It's special. It somehow just doesn't seen the same to be doing it in school. At least not for the first time.
Having said all that the most important thing in all this is Matthew so we will make the day as special as possible for him. The day he makes his H C is our 10th wedding anniversary.

No comments: