Tuesday, April 12, 2005

My big sis has set a date for her wedding - July 2006. We got talking about what she is going to wear and my wedding dress came into the conversation. So last night I asked Ian to get it down from the loft. It brought back so many happy memories seeing it. In June we will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary - it's strange seeing the dress again, it looks like I just bought it. That was one expensive dress !

Anyway back to reality...I took the dress to my sis today to let her try it on. It was too small. It didn't feel right seeing her standing there in my dress, the one I fell in love with, the one that took months of not going out to pay for, the one I felt so special wearing,the one that made my big tough dad cry when he saw me for the first time in it. Get the idea - it's my dress. The worst thing is she loved it too. She will have to lose lots of weight to fit into it so we will see.

Is it wrong to want to keep it to myself just because of the memories it holds or should I be pleased it might get used again and by family ?

No comments: