Friday, April 29, 2005

Well yesterday morning was different. It all began when Matthew came into our bedroom. He asked me why Dad wears a wedding ring and I don't. Good question - but instead of just telling him I stupidly showed him as well. I don't wear my wedding ring because since I had Matthew it doesn't fit me comfortably - it's too tight. At this point I put on my engagement and wedding rings - they weren't that hard to put on getting them off well that was a different story.

I tried soap, washing up liquid, margarine, ice and cooking oil. My finger just got bigger and bigger. It was also very sore. I phoned the local hospital and explained, and I was advised to go to the hospital were they would try to get it off. After a lot of swelling and pain later I had to have my wedding ring cut off. I am obviously not happy about this but there really was no other option.

I have already made enquiries into having my ring re-sized. We're not sure yet what to do - either have it fixed or get a new one and try and get it blessed whilst renewing our vows.

No comments: