Friday, February 24, 2006

Heather has been asking about Donna a lot over the last few days. I put on a brave face and answer her questions. Wednesday night I had just finished reading Heather her bedtime story and had a talk about Donna. When I came down stairs Matthew was with Ian but he looked sad. I asked him if something was bothering him and he began to cry. He told me he was missing his auntie Do. All my good intentions of holding back my tears failed miserably. The two of us sat, hugged and cried. I asked Matthew if he would like to watch a recent video I have of Donna. The two of us sat and watched it together. Well I sat and cried. I'm not sure why but Donna has been playing on my mind a lot lately, obviously the children's too. I have lost family and friends in the past, but I don't ever remember feeling so empty. I suppose it's because you always imagine your big sis will be there for you.

No comments: