Friday, October 15, 2004

It seems like such a long time since I last posted, not much has happened. I have noticed lately that Matthew is reading books at an alarming rate so the other night I asked him if he could tell me about the book he had just finished, not expecting him to be able to give a very detailed account. To my surprise he did, and very detailed at that. It's not a problem - far from it - it just amuses me that he will often be found with his head stuck in a book. Apparently as a child Ian was always reading, oh how history repeats itself. We have Matthews parents evening coming up next week, I can't wait. I love finding out about what he gets up to in school. Not just his work but him and his personality. I often find children so different in school than when with their parents - it should be fun.
Heather is doing fine and has been given a new name of Churchill by her grandad. Every time he asks her a question her reply is "Oh yes ". Its so funny (well it is to me). The tantrums are coming on nicely and she's perfected the throw herself on the floor very well. Tonight whilst sitting with her when she was on the potty (they don't mention these bits in the book do they) she stood up very proudly and almost put her head in the potty "look mummy a puddle".
Ians not been too well lately so have been being the dutiful wife and looking after him. Glad to say he's well now and back to his usual self.
Me.....well last Sunday I joined a gym. I had my induction and my first session whilst I was there. I was so scared going in. I think it was just the initial getting past all the super thin barbies in their shiny sports gear. But I went in and enjoyed it - is that sick? Unfortunately with Ian being sick I have not had much chance to go this week, the instructor whom I had my induction with said for it to be of any benefit to me I would have to go about 3 times a week at least. Easier said than done with 2 little angels to sort each night.

Finally, a big Happy 3rd Birthday to SimeWorld for Sunday !

No comments: