Thursday, January 06, 2005

Well it's been a while since I was last here. Let's think what's been going on...

Christmas was lovely, both Ian and myself were off work and went back Tuesday just gone, so we had lots of time with the kids, which was great. Matthews second tooth fell out on Christmas Day, so that made things extra special, then when it snowed later on and he was overjoyed. The kids both enjoyed the day and so did I. I got lots of lovely pressies off Ian and the kids.

New Years Eve is my sister's birthday so we went to visit her earlier in the day then came home and we let Matthew stay up to see the new year in. To be honest I fully expected him to fall asleep half way through our game of Monopoly. Talking of which, Matthew was on my team and we played against Ian guess who won .... yep me. Matthew was delighted and he stayed awake. When we went outside he didn't like it as he hates fireworks and there certainly were lots. Heather slept through the lot.

Do you remember Matthew won the compertition in Ian's work to desine a Christmas card and part of the prize was to choose a charity to make a donation to. He chose Oxfam (or Oxford as he calls it). Well yesterday he received a lovely letter of thanks from Oxfam telling him what had happened to the money so hears what he got for the donation,
Two goats
One Hundred trees
Twenty chickens

Not bad !
Ian also received a letter from them as he sorted the donation it said that we should be very proud of Matthew and do you know what - we are. I don't think we could be prouder. Matthew is growing up to be a very caring little boy.

Me - well not much going on. Went back to work this week, we had a new girl starting - that doesn't happen that often in our place so I got to show her around and I took her with me to see what we do when were out and about in schools. I have had one of my kids taken off me and tomorrow I am meeting a new little girl who is five. I have to say I am looking forward to it as I love that age group.

No comments: