Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Well Saturday was pure bliss.
I arrived into Liverpool city centre about 10.45am - my treatment was booked for 1pm so I had lots of time to shop and get lunch. It was so nice looking aroud clothes shops on my own, not having to worry about the kids (or Ian) being bored. After lunch I went to put my bags in the car and go into the massage centre.
Firstly I had half an hour in the sauna and relaxation room, on my own may I add. I have to admit to not really liking the sauna much but once I lay back and relaxed it was sooooo nice. There is a shower and drinks cabinet in the room also and CD player so I could have just stayed in there.
After the sauna I was taken into one of the treatment rooms for a body polish - very strange - it was the first time I have ever had this done. It was erm...both nice and not at the same time. The first polish was a little uncomfortable a bit like ahorse grooming, but when the exfoliating cream was used it was very nice.
This was all washed off me then we moved into a different room were I had to rather embarrassingly undress completely and have very, very cold mud applied to my body. A very strange feeling.
I then lay on the bed of the vibro sauna where a mud mask was applied to my face then I was enclosed in the pod with just my head popping out. The lights went out, CD player on, and the timer set for half an hour. I was woken when the music and vibrations gently stopped. I moved my arm forgetting about the mud, not for long though. I had to get up whilst the mud was cracking all over my body. I then prayed knowbody was out side my room as I made my way to the shower. As I washed off the mud my skin felt so soft. I sat for a while and had a drink before moving on to an aromatherapy massage to complete the treatment. I think I fell asleep during this as well. All in all it was pure heaven and I would totally recommend it.
So once again a very big thank you to my wonderful husband.

Last night I tried to do an audio post, as you can see it didn't work. I'm not sure what I did wrong but I may try again some time. The kids are fine and Ian and myself are finally getting the house back to normal after Christmas now that the Ian's office move is over and we are both at home together.

No comments: