Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Feeling rather down at the moment:(
Heather has for the past three nights not been sleeping. First night it was about 10 when she finally went to sleep, last night it was 11'ish, and tonight well she went to bed at 7.20 stayed asleep for half an hour or so and woke up crying. I went and gave her a cuddle, and after a while put her back to bed awake. She began to cry before her head touched the bed but I still put her down, said goodnight, and left the room. I have been in and out of her room for the past hour and a half. She is at the moment quiet - I think asleep. It is so draining listening to the sobs and going in and out. Poor Matthew can't sleep as his room is next to Heathers.
I think its funny that if another mum asks me what they should do with there child/baby I put my work head on and usually have some help or advice but when its your own children it's not so easy.
It's my birthday tomorrow (I am 30 something). I have bought lots of cakes for both the staffroom and the class. What a strange thing to do, where did it start? Is it just a school thing or does it happen elsewhere?

No comments: