Monday, June 21, 2004

My little baby is sleeping in her first bed tonight. The bed arrived today and I was too impatient to wait until the weekend for Ian to do it, so I put it together myself. It seems like a big step - our baby has gone and a very cheeky little girl has replaced her. We had an awful time getting Matthew in a bed and spent a few very unpleasant months trying to cope with knowing that each night he would not go to sleep. We even turned to our health visitor for help, but she was hopeless. After months of trying lots of different things it just happened one night - he went to sleep and he has been wonderful ever since, so as you can imagine we are a little apprehensive tonight although I have to say she has been up once and had a play with her toys. Ian sorted her out and she is now fast asleep.

I really think there should be compulsory parenting classes when you become pregnant (I know this would never happen but I can think about it in my ideal world). Somebody should let you know how hard it is going to be. Don't get me wrong, I love my children more than anything but sometimes its hard.

How could I forget to tell you, my new toy, my pride and joy, yes my car - well some little monster shall we say has scratched it. There are always children playing outside and I sometimes very politely ask them to move and they do. Well the other night I went to put something in the bin when I noticed a big mark on the front passenger door. When I cleaned it I was so pissed off to realise it was a scratch. Coincidence or not the children had just been playing outside. As I didn't see them I cant do anything about it. But I will now be the nasty lady who chases them away if they even come on the drive :)

No comments: